Product Owner, Small Business Banking
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions of small business owners daily, we want you! At Capital One, we’re looking for a self-driven technologist to work as Product Managers in our Small Business Bank product group out of McLean, VA.
To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. And you have to be willing to work within an agile marketing delivery pod that strives to deliver best-in-class branded experiences for our clients and our bankers.
You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded bankers, product and segment pods.
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
-You think Square is just a geometric shape
-Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
-You have an aversion to denim
-A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
-Wireframes give you nightmares
-Thinking about your money gives you hives
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer’s needs.
- You’re going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on beautiful web and mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- You will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- While a pixel perfect end deliverable is critical, you know that cranking out quality with speed is equally important.
- Work with our banking product teams, you’ll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- Work with our engineering teams to turn insights into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer’s banking needs
- As a Product Owner, you’ll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L. This part will require looking at some data, so you’ll want to ensure that Excel doesn’t scare you off. You’ll also be running meetings and driving some larger projects, so you’ll need to feel comfortable leading meetings and interacting with people.
As a Digital Product Manager you will be responsible to:
- Develop the multi-platform Small Business experience manifesto
- Translate requirements into concepts and elegant user experience design
- Drive visual direction and strategy for prototyping and pilot efforts.
- Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Leverage outside vendors to customize their products to fit our bankers and customers’ needs
-Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
-At least 2 years of Product Management or at least 2 years of product design experience
-At least 2 years of experience with User Experience Design, or at least 2 years of experience with Interaction Design, or at least 2 years of experience with Web and Mobile Application Design
-2+ years of experience in web content and web design
-2+ years of Web 2.0, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Macromedia Flash, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, PHP, and JSP
-2+ years of experience on Adobe Suite
-2+ years Omnigraffle and Balsmiq
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.