Airgas Refrigerant Inc.,
the largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases; welding, safety, dry ice and related products is seeking a Product Packager for our location in the Smyrna, GA area. Company offers competitive wages and large company benefits including health, disability and retirement. JOB SUMMARY: Packager will aid in the processes to fulfill the facility's finished goods inventory needs. 1st and 2nd shifts available. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Movement of cylinders by hand and forklift.
- Operating various filling stations.
- Preparing cylinders and equipment for filling.
- Cleaning and painting cylinders.
- Properly labeling cylinder.
- Performing quality check on all cylinders.
- Performing quality check on filling stations.
- Identifying refrigerant cylinders and cylinder labels.
- Aid packaging lead with daily inventory counts.
- Performing facility housekeeping and organizational tasks.
- Loading/Unloading of trucks.
- Participating in plant inventory counts.
- Sorting and organizing used refrigerant cylinders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety or people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge and awareness of hazards associated with refrigerant handling.
- Use of hand tools.
- Experience with hoses and fittings.
- Knowledge of pressurized tanks.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
• Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs.
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing for up to 8 hours; frequent bending, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
• Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
• Must be able to work outdoors and in temperatures ranging from 20 to 100 degrees F. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Warehouse environment with dirt and dust.
- Heavy forklift traffic throughout.
- Temperatures ranging from 20 to 100 degrees F.
- Welding and cutting work in or near work area is common.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.