Client Solutions Planner, Commercial PCs: OptiPlex 3000 Series – Austin, TX
This role will be responsible for planning the Commercial Desktop PC Portfolio. This role will be focused on planning for the OptiPlex 3000 Series as well as Ecosystem Planning for all of OptiPlex. Ecosystem planning will consist of a portfolio that enhances the customer usage scenarios of the OptiPlex Commercial PC and may include stands for All in Ones, wall and desk mounting brackets for our Micro form factors. This role requires someone who is passionate about products and will take on end-to-end ownership of planning the next commercial PC portfolio that provides both complete market coverage as well as a leadership / innovation position for Dell. This individual will be responsible for developing a strategy to define, develop and deliver these products to our target markets. Focus will be on customer driven innovation and market coverage to scale and build our business to lead in the commercial PC market. This individual will work closely with ID, UX, development engineering, internal and external technology partners, and external customers to define the portfolio and products.
- Drive differentiated global product plan based on customer needs, competitive market and technology trends
- Drive engineering, customer research, and partner collaboration to deliver leadership products that solve market problems and address customer needs
- Develop timely and comprehensive business cases and concept charters to ensure product feature, cost competitiveness, and a healthy P&L (Revenue/Units/Margin)
- Ownership of product definition through all facets of the Offering Lifecycle Management Process (OLP) ensuring appropriate feature/function tradeoffs are made to meet market expectations
- Define peripheral, software, and services ecosystem
- Undergraduate Degree and minimum of 8 years of electronics product management/product marketing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage customer & market insights to plan and design competitively advantaged products based on target customer’s unique requirements.
- Strong strategic planning and marketing background – particularly product marketing.
- Excellent communications skills – listening as well as speaking/writing. Persuasive style.
- A proven leader, visionary, with demonstrated ability to execute and a bias for action.
- Strong analytical skills. Comfortable with data and numbers, quantitative representation of the facts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage within a matrixed environment is critical.
- Prior planning experience desired but not required.
- Technical background would strongly aid in the candidate’s success
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Product Management*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Product Planning Consultant - Austin, TX*
**Requisition ID:** *16000S04*