GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Product Program Manager
Product Development Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Leads cross-functional project teams to deliver a medium/small product through full production. Individual leads the team to deliver product objectives, drives clarity by defining/prioritizing the work, defines critical interdependencies/deliverables for the cross-functional team, works with the Business and Core Team leading cross-functional work, manage program risks, deliver quality and impactful products, within budget.
1. Overall responsibility for the cross-functional (marketing, engineering, QA, RA, supply chain, service, etc) product and program success and impact on the overall business strategy
2. Creates and ensures effective and efficient communication across business functions; motivates and energizes the team through leadership
3. Works closely with the Product Management team to drive product direction to meet external customer and market needs
4. Leads cross-functional and multi-disciplinary product development planning supporting multi-generational product/platform roadmap execution
5. Works with the Business Team and Program Core Team to deliver quality products on time, within budget and with competitive features
6. Solves complex and ambiguous problems leading the strategic and forward-thinking cross-functional program execution including (but not limited to) concept discussion, program execution, clinical and pilot trials, supply chain integration into production and product field delivery with product sales and service
7. Works with customers to solicit product feedback to meet product quality and customer expectations
8. Understands and openly supports excellence for all functions within the product program
9. Provides mentoring and coaching to develop cross-functional project leadership talent
10. Provides expert guidance and support to the product program organization in various technical/functional aspects of research, engineering, supply chain, and service
11. Leverage their technical/clinical/leadership experience to work on business initiatives aimed at driving technology harmony, innovation, process convergence and/or quality excellence for a specific product
12. Ensures adoption of functional standards within the product development program
13. Creates and supports the stewardship of intellectual property with appropriate security of product documentation
1. Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering discipline.
2. Demonstrated execution at meeting project goals while satisfying quality, performance, schedule, cost and budget CTQ's
3. 3 years of experience in a product development and design environment within a business segment, including demonstrated planning, facilitating, organizing, and execution skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Demonstrated experience driving variable cost productivity (VCP) and Inventory Carrying Value (ICV) reduction to enable optimized product margins
2. Masters degree in Engineering or equivalent (defined as 12 years progressive experience within engineering, science, or related field, including 8 years project leadership experience within manufacturing, development, or research development)
3. Strategic planner and thinker with ability to drive change across the segment products
4. Sound technical and domain experience in at least one functional technology area
5. Demonstrated experience on global product releases throughout the entire NPI cycle
6. Strong written and oral communication skills
7. Excellent knowledge in engineering, program management and business planning processes having experience with the full product lifecycle
8. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
9. Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
10. Demonstrated LEAN skills
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.