Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.Key Responsibilities
- Evaluates, from a reliability standpoint, the materials, properties and techniques used in production.
- Advises design engineering on selection, application and test of electronic components and systems.
- Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
- Determines reliability requirements of components and systems to achieve company, customer and any governmental agency reliability objectives.
- Develops new acceleration techniques and analytical tools to assure the early identification of potential problems with new products, packaging, processes, and product reliability.
- Makes recommendations for changes in the selection and application of components and systems. May propose changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
- Develops and implements division's Quality Assurance program and policies. Manage multiple projects.
- Assist in preparing & presenting quality management reports; Maintain and improve on the current quality documentation processes; Continuously improve QA receiving inspection process and procedures; Perform FMECA, document CRAMS and work with supplier and engineer to enable crams test plan. Also perform PQP at supplier. Reliability modeling and ERAMS
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.