Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
We are seeking a Product Risk Governance Senior Analyst to manage policies, procedures and First Line of Defense Monitoring and Testing for the Customer Experience organization at PayPal.
The person we are seeking must be self-motivated and have proven experience influencing and communicating effectively across all levels of the company, from individual business unit managers to executive management. He or she should have proven ability to build relationships/partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive time sensitive deliverables.
The Product Risk Governance Senior Analyst will be responsible for executing and managing the following areas across the Customer Experience organization:
• Policies and Procedures:
•Establish a process/program for managing policies and procedures across 8 business units
•Create, manage and update functional area specific policies or procedures
•Owns assessing policy / SOP needs, creating plan, drafting policies and procedures, getting signoff from stakeholders
•Scope and plan policy and procedure needs across 8 business units
•Ensure that policies and procedures are maintained and updated
•Develop a repository for the policies and procedures
•Communication and training on the applicability of the policy and procedures to the specific business units
• Monitoring and Testing:
•Establish a first line of defense monitoring/testing program across 8 business units
•Create, manage and oversee the monitoring and testing program
•Own accessing controls and develop risk based approach to testing those controls
•Ensure that Monitoring and Testing program is maintained and updated as needed
•Communication and training across CE for Monitoring and Testing Program.
• Support special projects and initiatives: special projects vary from strategic initiatives to day to day operations. Support needs will vary by project and will require strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectivelyRequirements
- 8-10 years relevant experience in payment industry, financial services, project management and/or management consulting firms
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be detail-oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Must be self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and client service oriented attitude and mindset.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functional
- Proven ability to function well independently as well as in a team
- Be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to completion and deliver quality materials under tight deadlines
- Ability to determine when to escalate to management and identify the right stakeholders for decision making
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation skills)
- Ability to write policies, procedures and SOPs
- Ability to create a first line of defense monitoring and testing program
- Proven ability to create presentations and present information to all levels
- Good project management skills
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and run meetings
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment where roles and responsibilities are still evolving
- Must have knowledge and skills using Microsoft applications: Power Point, Microsoft Project, MS Word, Excel, and Visio
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.