We are seeking a risk management expert to lead the implementation of PayPal's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework in the Customer Experience business units. The ERM framework allows PayPal to effectively manage business risk, adhere to required global regulatory requirements and maximize shareholder return.
The person we are seeking must be self-motivated and have proven experience influencing, communicating and interacting effectively across all levels of the company, from individual business unit managers to executive management. He or she should have proven ability to build relationships/partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive key decisions and time sensitive deliverables.
The Product Risk Sr. Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Product Risk & Governance team in executing and managing the following areas across the Customer Experience organization:
- Controls and Issue Management
- Supporting the business units to manage all controls and issues
- Document and maintain business processes and corresponding controls
- Monitor internal control environment
- Identify, document and remediate risk and compliance issues in a timely manner
- Manage issues for the BU, ensuring all issues are identified, recorded and addressed in timely manner
- Support and document root cause analysis for issues identified
- Address all IA, SOX and regulatory findings that arise in a timely manner
- Manage and track all issues/findings to ensure appropriate functional stakeholders and business owners are engaged in defining the issues and management plans
- Provide on-going status tracking and ensure management action plans are closed out in a timely manner
- Develop, manage and generate reports/dashboards to provide transparency and visibility to trends, issues and control status for the Customer Experience business units supported
- Provide analysis and insights of key trends, risks and issues to management
- Support special projects and initiatives: special projects vary from strategic initiatives to day-to-day operations. Support needs will vary by project and will require strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communications, and ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, & Responsibilities:
- MS/MBA degree or equivalent and 8+ years relevant experience in payment industry, financial services, management consulting firms and/or project management or 10+ years related experience if without MS/MBA degree.
- Must be detail-oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to step back and analyze at a broader level, while still being detailed oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and client service oriented attitude and mindset
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Ability to work globally and cross-functionally and lead change in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to function well independently as well as in a team
- Be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment where roles and responsibilities are still evolving
- Proven experience identifying/evaluating/managing risk and collaborating to drive issue resolution in partnership with key stakeholders
- Good project management and reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to completion and deliver quality materials under tight deadlines
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and run meetings
- Ability to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Ability to resolve complex issues and settle disputes equitably
- Ability to determine when to escalate to management and identify the right stakeholders for decision making
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills with a strong ability to clearly communicate via PowerPoint documents and present information to all levels
- Proficient with tools such as Power Point, Microsoft Project, MS Word, Excel, Access and Visio
- Some travel may be required
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.