Eaton’s Power Reliability
Division is seeking a Product Sales Manager. The Product Sales Manager will be
based at our South Milwaukee, WI location.
The Product Sales Manager
will be responsible for managing
the day-to-day tactical direction of the switchgear product line sales
team. Lead a team of product specialists responsible for preparing
proposals and working closely with outside sales to manage negotiations with
customers to achieve profit plan orders, sales, margin, share, penetration, and
price realization goals. Lead a team of switchgear support technicians
responsible for technical product and field support. Coordinate T&C
negotiations and level of authority approvals with Eaton contracts analysts and
- Represents the product line in customer presentations,
and marketing / objectives / financial presentations. Represents and
protects the product line in decisions concerning business policy
concessions and compromises.
- Leads the price objective achievement for the product line
by developing price strategies to meet profit plan needs. Develops the
segment and channel price band for annual profit planning purposes.
- Interacts directly with field sales to execute on
orders annual plan and monthly forecasts.
- Advises management, engineering, and product
development on market changes in customer requirements of service, product
features, industry standards, and competitive product offerings
- Provides input to strategic planning, road-mapping, and
profit planning processes.
- Provides training for sales specialists in the
fundamental tasks of their present position. Offers additional training
that allows expansion of specialists responsibility and provides
foundation for career advancement
- Guides and motivates the sales specialists to secure
profitable orders in the targeted segments
- Advises sales specialists in decision making process.
Gives advice that allows the sales specialists to develop a solution and
implement action plan to resolution or conclusion
- Responsible for determining orders potential, staffing
requirements, objective setting, and performance monitoring.
degree in engineering, business, management, sales/marketing from an accredited
5 years of marketing or sales experience in the electrical industry
be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an
- MBA from an accredited institution
- Experience with overhead and/or underground switchgear
applications and grid protection
- Experience with electric utility and C&I customers,
- Experience working with international customers and
- Minimum 1 year experience of management of people
- Must be able to travel as necessary to
effectively interface with customers and other required contacts, to perform
essential functions above
- Must possess good business acumen,
negotiation skills, and the ability to develop and execute tactical and
strategic plans to support the product line's goals
- Demonstrated team-building and ability to
teach, coach, council, motivate, and influence others
- Strong teamwork skills are necessary, with
the ability to leverage resources effectively
- Ability to generate high quality customer and
technical presentations for technical products
- Demonstrates excellent decision making and
problem solving skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.