GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Provides the technical and product support during the sales process within in a limited product segment supporting Life Science Account Managers. Responsibilities include providing pre-sale support, product demonstrations, seminars, team selling activities as well as post-sale support, installation, training and/or customer service activities to support sales objectives for their Region. Territory is primarily NC, FL, & PR, and does include SC, GA, AL, LA, TX, TN, MS. AR, & OK.
• Provide expert technical and product leadership during sales process by demonstrating superior product and application knowledge to "design in" GE chromatography resins.
• Support customer purification and manufacturing projects by providing product and application information, answering inquiries, giving presentation, assist with logistics, and provide limited bench work in support.
• Accountable to the Chromatography Modality for performance of Regional Area sales goals. Work with your assigned area sales team to meet and exceed Modality annual sales targets.
• Develop, coordinate and deliver product training to Account Managers and customers on products and applications within assigned region to improve customer satisfaction and maintain customer relationships.
• Improve customer satisfaction and retention through process trouble shooting and continuing education on optimization of customer processes.
• Develop and maintain business relationships with the top accounts in their regions through personal contact on a regular basis.
• Support trade shows and professional conferences by performing product demonstration and seminars as well as customer training
• Use market and product knowledge to assist sales team in developing sales, marketing and customer account sales strategies
• Produce competitive product market reports and provide regular feedback on customer satisfaction and needs to internal stakeholders
• Facilitate Field Rep/Modality team communication and the sharing of best practices
• Assist with the assimilation of new hires into the organization
• Act as a mentor to new field team members, providing product, technical and professional guidance as necessary to improve the customer experience
• Communicate with Sales and Application Leaders to align applications activities with sales needs and business objectives
• Communicate with other Modality Applications Specialists and Account Managers to ensure all customer and business needs are met
• Strong, working knowledge of chromatographic techniques
• BS Degree in Science (Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry) or Engineering
• Working knowledge of GE Life Science BioProcess media
• Good understanding and knowledge of the BioPharm/Biotech Industry
• Five years of progressively responsible post-Bachelor's experience as a Product Specialist - Chromatography Media, Executive Account Manager/FAS, Technical Specialist, or Research Scientist is acceptable.
• Willingness to travel extensively within your specified geographic region as well as to nationwide sales meetings and tradeshows
• Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
• To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
• Ability to communicate effectively using local language
• M.S/PhD. Degree in related science or engineering field
• Hands on experience in protein purification
• Experience with Biotech/BioPharm process development
• Experience with Pilot Plant and/or cGMP BioPharm production
• Experience in chromatography column packing and/or understanding of scale up principals
• Understand of validation and FDA regulated environment
• Working knowledge of membranes and filters
• Strong leadership skills (respected by peers and leadership for contributions to the business)
• Strong presentation skills (public speaking and lecture experience desired)
• Demonstrated ability to understand and present complex material in understandable terms
• Demonstrated interpersonal & communication skills (ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, to external customers, global counterparts and to team members in other functional organizations)
• Solid problem solving skills (ability to manage and resolve conflict, communicate issues and propose solutions to both internal team members and external customers)
• Team oriented with a customer satisfaction mindset
• Ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time
Locations: United States; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.