Product Sales Specialist - Imaging
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Research Imaging Sales Specialist is responsible for driving the sales and profitability of the biomolecular imaging product range, laser scanners and CCD camera based imagers. This technical sales role will focus on increasing revenue by generating sales, from new and existing customers, through effective sales process execution, territory management and providing specialist knowledge of imaging products and associated applications.
• Is accountable to achieve orders and sales target for the imaging product range in the assigned territory
• Forecast orders and sales within the applicable sales funnel tools and reports for their products in their assigned territory.
Territory & Account Management
• Create business plans for territory/assigned accounts including, but not limited to opportunity development, competitive strategies, and targets.
Territory covers the 13 western states of California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Nevada, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Alaska.
• Build strong business relationships and formulate account strategies and plans for the product range to continuously strengthen relationships within the assigned accounts/ territory.
• Identify & respond to key account technical and departmental decision makers' needs. Continuously develop a network of key decision makers within the assigned territory.
• Track and communicate market trends to/from the field including competitor data, and develop and lead towards a sustainable competitive advantage.
Product & Market Expertise
• Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge
• Maintain up to date, detailed knowledge of their product, primarily laser based imaging platforms (Typhoon) and CCD camera based imagers, and related R&D applications requiring measurement of isotopic, fluorescent, chemiluminescent and colorimetric labels (ex. PAGE, Western Blotting). Be able to present and discuss the technology, applications and benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
• Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities working with Account Manager and other Sales Specialists to obtain maximum cooperation across the GE Life Sciences business. Continuously update their understanding the customers changing operational issues and challenges.
• Execute successful product demonstrations, internal and external training, seminars, workshops and promotional activities.
• Differentiate assigned product offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome for GE.
One GEHC teamwork
• Contribute to account plans where applicable at accounts covered by account managers.
• Continuously educate and coach account team members on their product strategy and offerings.
• Collaborate with and leverage subject matter experts and other resources within GEHC channels to build relationships and secure business.
1. Bachelor's Degree or 1-5 years of selling experience in Life Sciences field
2. Knowledge of Gel based and western blotting applications and/or fluorescent imaging as well as comparable imaging platforms. (Typhoon Systems an advantage)
3. Ability to interface with both internal team members and external customers as part of solutions based sales approach
4. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
5. Strong capacity and drive to develop career
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language as well as good command of English
7. Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages
8. Excellent organizational skills
9. Excellent negotiation & closing skills
10. Strong presentation skills
11. Must live in and be able to travel extensively throughout assigned territory
12. Must live in either the greater San Diego or San Francisco areas.
13. Valid motor vehicle license
1. Proven and progressive previous experience in consultative sales to key technical and financial decision makers within the life science/drug discover R&D market.
2. Working knowledge and experience with GE Life Sciences products.
3. Existing knowledge of and relationships within government, academic, Biotech and pharmaceutical accounts in the assigned territory
Locations: United States; California; San Francisco and San Diego
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.