Plaza Of Americas (31012), United States of America, Dallas, Texas
Product Sales Specialist – Receivables
The Product Sales Specialist (PSS) – Receivables will provide technical sales expertise of Capital One’s Treasury Management solutions and products to Commercial Banking clients and prospects. The PSS must have a deep knowledge and understanding of solutions and products within the Receivables Solutions vertical. The PSS will leverage that knowledge to help drive to close large, complex Treasury Management opportunities within Commercial Banking. In addition, the PSS will gather, maintain, and provide market and competitive intelligence across Capital One’s Treasury Management organization. The PSS also will serve as the “voice of the client” to Capital One’s Product Management & Innovation organization to provide guidance on the market’s desired enhancements of existing solutions and products and those the market would like developed. The PSS will serve as the “voice of product” to Capital One’s Treasury Management Sales organization and to clients and prospects explaining our product roadmap, gathering feedback on such, and managing expectations around solution/product delivery.
As a PSS, you will be considered the subject matter expert (SME) for Receivables Solutions. You will have a high level of contact with clients and prospects through joint meetings with your Treasury Management Sales colleagues, industry conferences, and round tables among other venues. You will provide support through presentations, written proposals, responses to requests for proposal (RFPs), and solution demonstrations (in-person, online, and over the phone). You will engage colleagues in Product Management & Innovation to determine how to tailor solutions for clients and prospects with unique requirements. Moreover, this position requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations.
Responsibilities and Competencies include but are not limited to:
- Partner with Relationship Managers and Treasury Management Sales to generate revenue from sales of Treasury Management Solutions.
- Provide major input into the sales lifecycle and obtain qualitative and quantitative information to support successful sales activities.
- Analyze and resolve a wide range of treasury management issues of varying complexity for commercial clients and prospects.
- Lead the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer.
- Describe Treasury Management Solutions within the Receivables Solutions vertical in great detail.
- Establish and maintain a high level of credibility with Relationship Managers, Treasury Management Sales colleagues, and Product Managers.
- Provide updates to Relationship Managers and Treasury Management Sales on product enhancements, projects, and issues.
- Develop and enhance professional rapport with clients and prospects, which may include Treasury, Finance, Technology, Operations, and Risk Management professionals.
- Promote/market products throughout the bank.
- Anticipate product enhancements by competition.
- Recommend new products or enhancements as changes are warranted or justified.
- Understand product dynamics and ensure highest product quality and client experience.
- Provide pricing guidance based on solution, client/prospect opportunity, and competition.
- Identify and target potential clients and/or markets (e.g., industries, regions) for products.
- Participate in proposal preparation process for complex sales opportunities.
- Participate in industry conferences and seminars; keep abreast of changes, trends, etc. in the marketplace and educate partners and customers as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing materials and in ensuring such are current.
- Individual must be a proven leader and effective decision maker.
- Excellent relationship management and business development abilities, analytical and technical problem solving.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills, including multi-tasking, prioritization, meeting deadlines, follow-up, and attention to detail. Adaptable to multiple requests and daily changes.
- Individual must demonstrate strong work ethic; be self-directed and motivated to achieve results.
- In depth knowledge of widely used ERP and accounting systems and corporate payment processing functions.
- Proven presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of treasury or cash management industry related experience within treasury management
- Master's in Business Administration
- Certified Treasury Professional designation.
- Accredited ACH Professional designation.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.