Product Security Incident Response Engineer Job Description
In this position, the right candidate will be responsible for managing and dispositioning product security vulnerability reports related to Intel products. You will need a strong technical hardware/software security background, since you will be working directly with the product teams and external security researchers to assess the risk of a vulnerability, and decide on the appropriate response for Intel. Once fully trained you will be responsible for leading teams driving Intel's incident response to product security vulnerabilities.
- Candidates must have a solid technical background, knowledge of security concepts and experience leading or participating in projects
- Candidates should be action-oriented, independent and able to anticipate difficult situations and to proactively plan our response to a product security issue
- Given the multitude of people they work with both at Intel and with our business partners, they need strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information and respond favorably to change be able to achieve objectives working with others across teams and organizations
- Drive processes and systems to support the success of Intel's product security response capability
- Bachelor or a Master of Science degree in an Engineering discipline with a minimum of ten years or a Ph.D. with five years of practical experience leading product security incident response teams
Inside this Business Group
- Security certifications: CEH, CISSP, GIAC, GCIA, SANS. etc. is desired
- Technical leadership to establish plans and deliver high quality results on time
- Experience with ongoing security research against Intel products and infrastructure and ability to apply that knowledge to product security incident response
- Extensive network of contacts including security researchers, security industry experts, members of key bodies FIRST, ICASI, MITRE, CERT, etc., and computing industry incident response professionals
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel's next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.