McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Health Solutions delivers industry-leading clinical evidence and expert technology to help payers and providers collaborate for better healthcare outcomes at lower costs. Our solutions reduce unnecessary healthcare utilization while improving outcomes; operationalize complex volume- and value-based payment models; and optimize billing communication between providers, patients and payers. Our solutions are in more than four out of five payers in the country; more than 3,900 hospitals and facilities use our InterQual® evidence-based decision support criteria; and our RelayHealth® financial solutions are used to automate 1.9 billion financial transactions each year.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Product/Application Support Engineer is responsible for assisting McKesson Health Solutions customers with the resolution of product and technical questions related to McKesson’s Health Solution products. This role is responsible for providing product functional and technical support to customer's product support teams, who are diagnosing, troubleshooting and debugging highly technical or sophisticated software or computer systems.
Troubleshooting and Problem Solving: Provide customers with application and/or technical assistance within assigned product area. Coordinate problem resolution with other McKesson departments and drive to positive outcomes. Effectively research and troubleshoot advanced technical issues.
Identify and implement improvements in process and technology.
Customer Service: Receive, respond and log requests in accordance with department and company standards and procedures; Communicate critical customer status and issues to Customer Manager, Account Executive, and Support Manager as a given situation warrants and offers recommendations for resolution and implementation; Partner with clients to understand their work practices and the nature of their business; Maintain strong relationships and manage expectations with both internal and external customers.
Case Management and Communication: Effectively manage all cases with attention to the documented service levels. Document progress, and resolution of customer requests in issue tracking system in accordance to department and company standards and procedures; Monitor trends in customer support issues and escalate to management as appropriate; Adhere to escalation procedure and time frames.
Team Participation/Representation: Participate in department and cross-functional internal project teams; Complete deliverables on time with high quality; Ensure clear and timely communication on project status to other team members; Coordinate completion of updates to support processes and documentation that are a result of project team activity; Provide constructive feedback for the Lessons Learned as issues arise.
Knowledge Management: Identify, document and publish knowledge for internal and customer consumption.Participate in the technical knowledge review process; ensuring the quality of published content.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in software.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to software engineering/ design engineering, offering and/or soliciting input.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product functional or technical request is advanced.
- Activities include ownership of requests, research, analysis, troubleshooting and customer communication necessary to deliver appropriate resolution to customer inquiries.
- Requires extensive interaction with McKesson’s customers including insurance organizations, hospitals, physicians and nurses for the purpose of providing product usage or technical solutions.
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline, while developing higher-level knowledge and skills.
- Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers, and solves a range of problems.
- Works on problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Analyzes possible solutions using discretion, skills and knowledge of procedures.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Clearly demonstrates technical expertise.
6+ years product applications support experienceCritical Skills
- 2+ years experience with troubleshooting and debugging of web based applications, software and technologies
- 2+ years with relational databases (ORACLE and MSSQL), querying tools (Including PL/SQL or SQL Developer)
- Experience with web server technologies including Jetty, WebSphere, and IIS
- Experience with Microsoft Operating systems, desktop & server. Linux is a plus
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Version Control tools (Subversion preferred)
- Working knowledge of release and deployment management
- General knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus architecture
- General knowledge of TCP/IP network infrastructure
- General knowledge of software development and deployment using JAVA.
- Positive, proactive, customer service attitude
- Ability to diagnose research and resolve technical issues independently or as a cooperative member of a team
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines while providing quality results
- Ability to clearly articulate technical problems and resolutions using a tracking/documentation system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven analytic ability and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of HealthCare and IT industries. For example, industry history, key customers, competition, and regulatory environment.
- Strong understanding of the interrelationship of Information Technology and Healthcare industries
- Knowledge of the Payer/Provider environment a plus
- Knowledge of HIPPA compliance regulations preferred
- Certification in any related technology areas a plus
BS degree or equivalent experience.Physical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
A little about us:
McKesson is in business for better health.