Eaton’s Power Systems Division is seeking a Product Specialist. The Product Specialist will be based at our Waukesha, WI facility.
Are you an engineer who enjoys working with people? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment where your contributions are crucial to the success of the team and the business?
If so, read on.
Eaton is looking for our next Product Specialist to join our Power Systems Division in Waukesha, WI. We are looking for a technically minded engineer who wants to find their next opportunity on the business side of engineering. You will work with various aspects of the organization from front-end sales and marketing to manufacturing and you will see the projects and products you work on ship out the door.
This opportunity provides exposure to various groups within our business and is the perfect opportunity to begin growing with a company that values the overall success of every employee.
Create multiple transformer proposals, on a daily basis, per customer’s request-for-quote (RFQ), specifications (formal and in-formal), one-lines, and other documentation
Perform detailed specification reviews to identify and address:
- Customer requirements
- Fit to Eaton’s Power Systems Division product scope
- Features and accessories required for pricing program
- Areas for exception or clarification for the customer
- Alternates for a more competitive offering
- Special test, customer test/witness, or customer inspection requirements
- Special documentation and reporting
Process multiple orders, on a daily basis, from both internal and field priced proposals
- Verify PO against proposal and resolve all discrepancies
- Verify specification matches proposal and resolve all discrepancies
- Assemble documentation for design engineering
- Communicate special requirements to affected departments
- Process customer change orders against open sales orders using the change/hold/cancellation process
Approve and negotiate pricing per established guidelines, competitive feedback, and customer/market knowledge
Maintain a team atmosphere to ensure that all workload for the proposals team is completed each day per customer required deadlines.
Provide product and application technical support for customers, agents, and internal departments
Provide quotation program support for sales representatives and the system development (IT) team via training, testing, improvement suggestions.
Acts as a liaison between engineering, marketing, scheduling, and customers
Understand and utilize lean tools and concepts to drive continuous improvement.
Learn and understand applicable industry standards i.e. ANSI, IEEE, CSA, NEMA for transformers
Participate in the creation and maintenance of ISO work instructions.
Participate in customer visits to the Customer Service Center
Provide plant tours as needed.
Visit customer/agent sites
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of product, customer service, inside sales, or proposals experience in a technical field
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of product, customer service, inside sales, or proposals experience in a technical field.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using ERP and quotation systems.
- Experience using SAP.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with a quoting system.
- Experience with ETO products.
- Knowledge of electric power distribution transformers and their components and accessories.
- Knowledge of typical applications, equipment, systems and standards for electric power distribution transformers.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate.
Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work to deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), SAP or other ERP related system and the ability to utilize such tools to analyze data and solve routine problems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.