Johnson Medical Devices, is currently recruiting for a Product Stewardship
Manager to join its Global Product Stewardship organization. The position is
located in Raynham, MA.
At Johnson & Johnson
our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract
people with strong, positive values, and we develop, reinforce and reward those
values. Our special set of values is embodied in Our Credo, a respected,
legendary document that has guided our company for almost 70 years. As our
ethical framework, it outlines our responsibility to our customers, employees,
communities and stockholders. As you get to know us, you'll realize that our
people choose to live Our Credo - to work at making it vital day-in and day-out
- not because it is required, but because it feels right. We are now providing
job opportunities and career development for qualified candidates in the
Stewardship is defined by Johnson & Johnson as "The concept of taking
responsibility for reducing the environmental and health impacts associated
with our products at any stage of their life cycle. This includes product design, production, use
and end-of-life disposal by customers."
The Product Steward
is responsible for:
systems & procedures to comply with Product Stewardship regulations and
J&J requirements in line with J&J goals and policies. These regulations
include but are not limited to the following:
Product Stewardship Management Standard & related policies
restriction of hazardous substances and product take-back regulations
of product or manufacturer obligations
obligation that must be printed on the product or package
relevant environmental information to competent authority, users and recyclers
(product take-back) requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Life or
Material Science, or Chemical Engineering (or equivalent degree) is
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant
experience with product legislation is required.
- Working knowledge of RoHS, WEEE, China RoHS,
GHS/CLP, REACH, and EU Battery Directive is required.
- Familiarity with medical devices
- Must be able to communicate complex
issues and concepts in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience influencing people at all levels,
including senior management is required.
- Ability to make sound decisions with limited
facts, precedence or policy is required.
- Project management of multiple projects is
- Supervisory and/or cross functional team
leadership experience including leading/collaborating with remote/virtual teams
- Experience assessing, implementing, training, and
analyzing of results is required.
- Knowledge of product life cycle
assessment is required.
- Knowledge of environmental toxicology / impact of
materials is preferred.
- Experience with performing design for the
environment assessments of products is required.
- Must be able to work across various functional
groups to influence product impact assessments are completed, moving PS
concepts throughout the organization.
- Experience in training on PS concepts is
- Familiarity with PS concepts (design for disassembly,
design for recycle ability, and dematerialization) is required.
- This position is located in Raynham, MA and must
be willing to travel upto 20%.
MD&D Global Services LLC (6209)Job Function
Environmental Health & Safety