Reporting into the VP of Retail Strategy, you will be one of the crucial members of the Retail Strategy Team, working to ensure that the product strategy and development efforts for our suite of digital audiences are well-informed, thoughtfully planned, effectively executed, and properly positioned for best GTM success and revenue impact. You will establish big picture vision & goals for our digital audiences, detail strategic roadmaps & business plans for achieving the vision & goals, and work tactically to mobilize teams in executing against those plans. You will collaborate closely with Enterprise Product and Delivery teams, sharing project management responsibilities with them to accountability deliver to timelines. You will share revenue responsibility in that your output is a product suite that successfully positions the GTM team to effectively pursue and meet revenue goals. In sum, your goal is to ensure our product suite is as strong as possible, and best positioned for sales and execution.
• Market Analysis: Maintain a solid understanding of market trends & client needs; identify gaps in our ability to meet demand or differentiate; quantifying implications in terms of revenue & differentiated positioning.
• Product Strategy: Ensure that that there is a well-established plan for our digital audiences product suite to achieve very specific objectives for the business at large - revenue, strategic positioning, and otherwise.
• Asset Acquisition: Ensure our raw data assets are comprehensive and differentiated, identifying gaps in assets, sources to pursue, data contribution/partnership incentives, engaging accordingly with data partnerships team
• GTM Planning: Develop business plans, financial projections, differentiated positioning, streamlined scripts, appropriate training materials, and GTM roll-out plans to enable sales success.
• Delivery Collaboration: Collaborate cross-organizationally with Enterprise Product Development, Analytics, Operations, Engineering, to effectively deliver products or custom campaign executions.
Skills & Qualifications
• PRODUCT EXPERTISE: At least 5 years experience in the product management/marketing or related roles with demonstrated success in ideating and delivering high-value solutions, with significant adoption and revenue impact. Product development experience is also highly preferred.
• DATA & SEGMENTATION EXPERTISE: Expertise in working with raw data, modeling, and analytics to build digital audience SKUs for the market to addressably reach particular consumer segments.
• RETAIL EXPERTISE: A sound understanding of the goals, challenges, and strategies of retailers and retail brands, as well as the trends and forces at play in the industry as a whole.
• BUSINESS ACCUMEN: Ability to build and articulate business plans effectively, thinking strategically and analytically to operate with a focus on revenue and market differentiation.
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Ability to scope, prioritize, and manage numerous workstreams, creating and maintaining accountability of all involved parties to commit & deliver to specific deliverables & deadlines.
• RELATIONAL SAVVY: Works well in team efforts, building trust and respecting boundaries. Reads situational dynamics and responds appropriately. Influences rather than directs
• STRATEGIC APPROACH: Critical thinking to separate signal from noise. Creative thinking to solve for roadblocks. Methodical, disciplined, and focused in executing toward specific outcomes.
• VERSATILITY- A product person who thinks like a sales person. Ideates creatively and executes scaleably. Speaks both marketing & tech. Can crunch numbers or tell captivating stories.
• ATHLETICISM: Excitement & eagerness to pursue new challenges, the drive & ability to learn quickly, embracing of change as an opportunity to evolve, and the versatility to succeed in almost any environment.
• OPTIMISTIC TENACITY: Welcomes challenges and setback as opportunities for growth, confident about successful outcomes. Persistent and patient, maintaining excitement within long, arduous phases.
• HONESTY & INTEGRITY- Does not cut corners ethically; earns trust and does the right thing.
New York City, NY or Denver/Boulder, CO
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a TL Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Leads and acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.