• The Product Strategy Program Manager (PSPM), working collaboratively with the Product Strategy Leader (PSL) and Global Development Lead (GDL) is responsible for pro-actively working independently, to lead the translation of Franchise/Product Strategy into clear and actionable plans to effectively drive Late Stage Product Team (LPT) performance.
• The PSPM will also actively work with the PSL and GDL to manage and influence the operational, planning and decision-making aspects of the LPT (generally more complex or multiple programs) to ensure strong alignment between Franchise/ Product/ Lifecycle strategy and operational execution (the latter via close interaction with LPT and sub-teams), and measure/ report progress towards plan.
90% LPT Operations / Program Management
• Working independently, and without routine management supervision, responsible for providing best in class operations and program management expertise to drive LPT members towards excellence in execution.
• Develop, maintain and track robust, cross-functionally aligned and integrated (R&D, Supply, Commercial) product plans encompassing all key operational deliverables associated with the LPT strategy
• Develop team meeting agendas and minutes, including mechanisms to drive accountability of actions across the LPT members
• Strong objective advisor to PSL and GDL to maximize team effectiveness
• Close collaboration with R&D, Commercial and Tech. Ops.
PM's to ensure operational alignment of R&D, Commercial and manufacturing activities to LPT endorsed deliverables and priorities
• Appropriately influence, and provide leadership (as requested) and program management support of LPT-related, cross-functional initiatives (e.g.. launch readiness purpose driven task forces)
• Operationalize and drive the annual planning processes from a LPT perspective, i.e. Product Strategy, Lifecycle Management, Strategic Product Plans, Brand Plans, Budgeting, Long Range Planning
• Facilitate collection, alignment and validation of LPT Sales & Marketing budget ensuring alignment to LPT strategy
• Facilitate preparations and analyses of LPT business reviews, goal setting and routine evaluation processes, and progress against LPT strategy and action plans
• Close collaboration with PSL, GDL and LPT functional team members to ensure coordinated evaluation of product opportunities/ scenarios and development of comprehensive integrated recommendations (e.g., to Governance Committees) and strategic and operational product plans based on LPT defined objectives.
• Promote visibility and transparency of information within the LPT, across LPT-aligned sub-teams and other forums to accelerate decision making, obtain alignment, and increase foundational knowledge, identify and communicate product and LPT related objectives, issues, risks, and where applicable, facilitate cross-LPT/Franchise discussion on impact.
• Active participation in the CP&PM team and PM forums to deliver CP&PM initiatives and build a center of program and project management excellence for in-line performance (i.e. shared investments, services, innovations, etc)
Education & Experience Requirements
• Strong business acumen
• 10+ years'experience in pharmaceutical development and commercialization of branded prescription drug products with a minimum of 8 years direct experience across a diversity of therapeutic areas and all stages of development and commercialization (Phase 1 through launch)
• 5+ years' experience in program/project management in the pharmaceutical environment
• Demonstrated ability to work without routine supervision to deliver key accountabilities
• Strong knowledge and understanding of global product development and commercialization in the pharmaceutical industry
• Significant experience in managing cross-functional, global teams; experience facilitating multi-disciplinary commercial teams strongly preferred.
• BS in scientific discipline, or MBA with relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
• Experience developing business cases
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.