McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Health Solutions delivers industry-leading clinical evidence and expert technology to help payers and providers collaborate for better healthcare outcomes at lower costs. Our solutions reduce unnecessary healthcare utilization while improving outcomes; operationalize complex volume- and value-based payment models; and optimize billing communication between providers, patients and payers. Our solutions are in more than four out of five payers in the country; more than 3,900 hospitals and facilities use our InterQual® evidence-based decision support criteria; and our RelayHealth® financial solutions are used to automate 1.9 billion financial transactions each year.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Product Support Representative will provide first-tier support to RelayHealth customers using the ASP web application both front-end application and 270/271 and HL7 data files. Candidate will field and respond to telephone calls and emails from end-users, administrators, vendors and insurance carriers. A candidate is expected to research and resolve reported issues within organizational metric targets. Successful candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational and analytical skills. He or she must be able to prioritize and manage numerous projects/issues, while building and maintaining positive customer relationships. This position requires rotating on-call shifts 1-2 times a year minimum where you will carry a cell phone 24/7.
- Responding to product application support questions from customers regarding the company's software.
- Analyzing problems with software applications to identify problem area(s) and recommend corrective action.
- Recommending solutions to customer application questions.
- May utilize specialized domain expertise related to the specific application of the software to resolve customer problems
- Promptly respond to customer concerns
- Performing product research, provide customer training as needed
- Using the CRM to log and monitor technical issues reported by customers
- Managing open issues effectively, escalate as appropriate
- Communicating updates to customers based upon team policy
- Proactively monitoring the health/responsiveness of the RelayHealth product suite
- Assisting in pre-software release QA tasks
- Effectively project manage customer calls
- Provide after-hours coverage, as needed
- Completing special projects, as assigned
Entry level experienceCritical Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Strong documentation skills
- Close attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of software support for customer applications
Additional Knowledge & Skills.
- Software support, hospital registration or equivalent experience a plus
- Customer service experience, healthcare or insurance experience a plus
- Working knowledge of 270/271 transaction code sets, EDI transactions and web based applications a plus
- Ability to read and create HIPAA compliant X-12 Transactions a plus
- Knowledge of X12-270, 271,276,277, and 837 Transactions a plus
BS degree or equivalent experience.
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
A little about us:
McKesson is in business for better health.