Service company located near Somerset is looking for a Technical Support Engineer.
The job will require the following:
• Discover, isolate and duplicate problems and develop solutions using software and hardware tools as required.
• Provide technical assistance with respect to customer issues and concerns from issue to follow-up and resolution.
• Identify scope of work, prioritize and ensure completion in a timely fashion.
• Write example applications for customers demonstrating API.
• Accurately record customer issues and document resolutions.
• Work with Engineering to incorporate changes to products initiated by customer needs.
• Participate in QA, testing and documentation review.
• Analyze process, procedures and products for Root Cause Analysis.
• Maintain a thorough understanding and broad knowledge of product information.
Education and Work Experience:
• Must have 1 to 3 years of direct technical working experience in Telecom and Data Communications, with an emphasis on voice applications.
•Experience with ISDN(PRI/BRI), T1/E1 configuration and analog/digital signaling protocols.
•Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
•Understanding of VoIP/IP Telephony and various signaling protocols such as SIP and H.323.
•Knowledge of working with Wireshark.
• Must have Microsoft/BS in Electronics Engineering/Computer Science.
•Willing to participate in 24x7 On-call pager duties for afterhours support on rotation basis.
•Excellent documentation and organization skills.
•Project and time management skills required.
•Willing to travel 10% of the time or as needed.
•Microsoft MCSE Communication certification a plus.
•Proven ability in a technical support field.
•Strong ability to understand customer technical issues.
•Experience working with Enterprise and Service Provider clients.
•Solid customer service orientation and a passion for excellence.
•Knowledge of Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Multiservice Access Routers and Media Gateways.
•Experience working with Microsoft Lync.
**If interested in this position please send an updated resume to: Ken.Spero@rht.com**
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.