Job Summary Performs as on-site support liaison between Panasonic and Airline Customers/OEMs to ensure customer satisfaction and optimum performance of all Panasonic equipment. Provides service, technical guidance , support and training to airline customers to ensure product performance and reliability objectives are met. Represent Panasonic Field Engineering interests in resolution of technical issues with other Panasonic and customer engineering departments. Acts as mentor and technical resource to lower level Field Engineers. Service, Support, Training and Troubleshooting
• Provide technical guidance, formal training, and field assistance to other Panasonic personnel and airline customers in troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, network, and software issues. Provides accurate, detailed and timely responses to problems and queries.
• Provide troubleshooting assistance and support for new equipment installations, enhancements or modifications for hardware, wiring, and software integration and issue resolution. Work closely with engineering departments to ensure timely and accurate corrective action is achieved.
• Review mechanical, electrical, and software installation documentation to verify that all specifications are met.
• Work with training department to conduct operational, line and maintenance training for airline customers.
• Checks reliability of data. Monitors trends and analyzes data to identify systemic problems.
• Assists in aircraft delivery and support during flight test and customer flight acceptance.
Liaison to Airline/OEMs
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of Panasonic products and installations, including system software and associated equipment. Remain current by continually obtaining new data, specifications, and interfacing often with the groups developing new products and software.
• Provide regular, accurate and detailed technical reports to management and/or appropriate departments on all activities, observed field problems, and customer issues. Provide clear and concise written and verbal communication and often requires participation or leadership in continuing problem investigations.
• Maintain a detailed working knowledge of aircraft avionics systems which interface with Panasonic equipment.
• Participate in resolving system operation, maintenance or reliability issues by conducting investigations, collecting data to identify the scope of problems, and participating in the recovery plan as required with other departments. Monitor failure trends and possible quality or reliability problems.
• Provide field inputs to other Panasonic departments, (i.e. Product Support Engineering, Field Engineering Offices, Repair Center, Training, and Program Management) concerning technical product issues, installation or documentation related problems. Collect data required by Support Engineering to evaluate problem areas within the system software.
• Provide a consistent communication path to engineering for problem resolution. For more than 35 years, Panasonic Avionics has strengthened the connection between the world's airlines and their passengers. We are recognized globally for our experience and leadership in product innovation and customization, system reliability, and customer care.
We collaborate with over 300 airline customers to develop inflight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that are designed to meet their unique fleet, brand, operations, and business requirements, based on state-of-the-art technology, connectivity, and industry know-how. Based on the results of awards from organizations such as APEX and Skytrax, the world's award-winningest airlines are all customers of Panasonic. Every year, more than 500 million passengers enjoy an amazing entertainment experience flying onboard Panasonic-equipped aircraft.
• Bachelor's Degree/equivalent educational qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering or related degree is preferred. 8+ years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Typically requires 5-7 years of experience as Field Engineer or Product Engineer, specializing in electronics/avionics systems, software or broadcast technology.
• Extensive knowledge of Linux, Unix, Windows and VxWorks (or embedded operating systems).
• Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting methods.
• Thorough understanding of wiring schematics, diagrams and other engineering/aircraft documentation.
• Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• MySQL database experience a plus.
• Proficient in the utilization of MS office suite and Oracle.
• Must understand aircraft systems that interface with PAC equipment.
• Understands Recommended Spares requirements and coordinates the delivery of spare equipment for airline customers. Review RSPLS for Marketing Business Proposals.
• Familiar with FAA, CAA, and ATA requirements for avionics equipment
• Ability to write and converse effectively with peers from Panasonic, Airline customers and other vendors on a technical level.
• Must be able to represent Panasonic interests to non-technical people in meetings and various reports.
• Capable of identifying complex engineering problems in software and hardware and then working with the appropriate Panasonic department to produce an effective resolution, (i.e. problems can be fundamental design issues with software, power, and electronic components or they can be aircraft environment or systems related).
• Advanced level engineering product knowledge on avionics and related software areas.
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative in creative ways.
• Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Ability to multitask and apply priority to projects with adaptability and urgency while meeting timelines.
• Ability to present Panasonic interests to non-technical people in meetings and various reports.
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments.
• Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises. (For Boeing, employees must possess an active Washington State drivers license and submit to a DMV record check).
• Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
• Willing to work weekends and beyond normal business hours as required. Ability to work all shift hours and weekends. Ability to travel up to 50%, both domestic and international, often on short notice.
• Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and operate in confined spaces for extended periods.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1700021
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.