Product Technologist Advisor - Round Rock, TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 160011F5
Dell is committed to delivering technology solutions that enable people everywhere to grow and thrive. We are focused on offering customers open, affordable and capable technology choices to reduce customer IT infrastructure spend and solve their most complex IT challenges. With this in mind, the EUC team is seeking a new team member interested in enhancing their strategic acumen and developing their career by joining a team of Client Technologists tasked with supporting inside and outside sales organizations.
The Inside Client Technologists are regionally basedPre-Sales Technical Resourcestasked with overcoming technical obstacles, driving higher opportunity win rates and growing Dell’s Client market share by supporting core sales teams and customers with deep technical expertise around the entire Client Solutions portfolio. The team issolution-focusedand has extensive knowledge of all client product and solution areas and how those map to customer business drivers. Their focus is to help account teamsincrease profitable sales of Dell Client Solutionsby determining the ideal solution that will resonate with our customers and address their business needs, and backing these selections with relevant technical discussions.
- Work directly with the core sales teams and resources in Client Solutions Sales, Product Group, Brand and Product Line Marketing to develop complex solutions to business problems through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision makers
- Closely align to core and Client Solutions sales, focusing on the strategic Client Solutions lines of business (Workstations, Rugged Mobility & Tablets), as well as integrate knowledge and experience with the Dell-wide end to end strategy
-Lead technical conversations with C-level contacts onsite, at the Executive Briefing Centers and Dell Solution Centers regarding the impact of emerging trends and their implications for Dell and our customers
- Work closely with Client Solutions Brand, Product Line Management & Product Group teams, ensuring that the POV of customers is well-represented in all product & solution discussions
- Responsible to influence a broad spectrum of stakeholders and develops mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- 4 years of relevant business experience in the IT industry (Sales, Sales Operations or Product Engineering) –
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time in support of Dell customers (NA only)
- End User Computing Market, Industry, Strategy
- Client Technology Trends / Business Impact discussions, including security, commercial devices (Optiplex, Latitude, Tablets, Precision, Rugged) and ecosystem
- Sales experience highly preferred
- Strong understanding of the Dell sales structure, culture and ethos
- Proven ability to operate successfully in high-stress environments
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**Job:** **Product Technologist - Sales Operations*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Product Technologist Advisor - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160011F5*
**Other Locations:** *North America-US-TN-Nashville*