Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Product Validation Engineer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Applies basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks in the design, development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle.
• Assists in creating design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service.
• Verifies design using analysis and or functional testing, interprets results, drives decisions and assesses risk.
• Works with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues.
• Evaluates customer needs and aligns requirements with identified customer expectations.
• Uses prescribed and innovative methods, and works with limited guidance.
• Participates as a team member and actively contributes towards team goals.
• Carries out partially defined and moderately complex tasks.
• Demonstrates good understanding and applies knowledge of an engineering discipline.
• Applies engineering and/or scientific skills and continues to develop experience in creating engineering solutions.
Skills and Experience Required:
Laboratory Operations - Able to execute all elements of the Laboratory Operations process flow model: Planning, Preparation, Execution, Analysis, Execution.
Engineering Standards - Basic knowledge in Engineering Standards.
Technical Documentation - Basic Knowledge in Technical Documentation.
7 Step Product Problem Solving Process - Able to understand and apply the 7-step process to solve a problem including incorporating Fault Tree Analysis into the process the 7-step Problem Solving Process.
Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) - Understands can describe the purpose, content, steps in developing/ managing of a Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) and the role of Engineering Standard Work in the DVP&R. For further details see SkillTrack TE-RFE1-15
Education, Licenses, Certifications
Bachelor or Masters in engineering required
Minimal relevant work experience desired, such as internship, co-op, or other pertinent work experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.