The Production Area Manager is responsible for leading a team of hourly associates at the Atlanta Beverage Base Plant in the manufacture of concentrates, beverage bases and ingredients for shipment to Company-owned plants and bottling partners throughout North America and globally. The role is responsible for leading a team in the execution of manufacturing initiatives and achieving metrics in the plant's annual business plan. Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities:
Related Work Experience:
- Inspect facility (e.g., production, warehouse, service/installation) to assure adherence to safety and operating policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) using Company policies and procedures.
- Implement, evaluate and maintain effective application of The Coca-Cola Quality System in order to ensure product quality as defined by Company requirements.
- Report security problems in personal work area.
- Develop strategies for implementing The Coca-Cola Quality System in order to ensure product quality as defined by Company requirements.
- Analyze performance data in order to identify business plan variances using established systems and ad-hoc problem solving.
- Investigate and identify root causes of any facility safety or security incident or environmental regulation non-compliance in order to prevent reoccurrence of similar incident at same or other facilities.
- Safeguard Company trademarks that standardize and protect all information surrounding confidential ingredients and flavors manufactured by The Coca-Cola Company in order to prevent breach of trademark security within the Company.
- Ensure the plant's manufacturing equipment is in sanitary condition according to Company GMP policies and procedures in order to assure the quality of the manufactured product.
- Document current state processes and business systems and compare to benchmarking data and/or best practices in order to identify performance gaps.
- Develop and implement Operational Excellence projects targeted to creating value for Atlanta Beverage Based Plant.
- Manage new product introduction projects from the development through final implementation using external vendors to insure on time completion.
A minimum of 5 years of experience.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of lean tools such as Six Sigma, 5S, error-proofing, quick change-over, and root cause analysis. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to lead a team in execution of initiatives and metrics in our annual business plan. Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: Knowledge of the basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a manufacturing environment and the ability to apply them.
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier. Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics. Ability to measure against those standards. Ability to communicate performance standards and metrics.
- Production Management: Knowledge of the principles of production management in order to effectively communicate and manage change in a production environment.
- Process Improvement: Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement. Ability to analyze business processes and develop systems-based solutions that will improve current state.
- Labor Relations: Knowledge of basic terms, concepts, principles and issues involved in labor groups as they apply to the Company and other groups.
- Occupational Safety Regulations: Knowledge of the Company, local, national and international regulatory requirements (e.g., safety, emergency management) that apply to Company locations or processes and the actions required to keep the Company in compliance with these regulations.
- Troubleshooting: Ability to identify and resolve process, system and/or mechanical failures
- Food Safety Regulations: Knowledge of the Company, local, national and international food safety regulatory requirements that apply to Company locations or processes and the actions required to keep the Company in compliance with these regulations.
- Trademarks and Brands: Knowledge of KO Trademarks and Brands. Demonstrates an understanding of the obligation to protect and enhance Company trademarks.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top