The Monsanto US Row Crops Organization is seeking a highly motivated Production Associate to join our site team . The Production Associate reports to the Production Lead at the site and participates on the Site Leadership Team . In this role the successful candidate will gain exposure to and have front line responsibility in all aspects of crop production from planting through harvest. The Production Associate is a leadership development role that works as a member of a team that strives for safety, product quality, and process optimization and is expected to get results through personal proficiency and modeling company values.
• Participates in the execution of the Monsanto ESH and Quality Management System (QMS) elements and programs and associated networks
• Participates in field operations such as planting, detasseling, field inspections and mapping, harvest, etc.
• Participates in plant operations such as conditioning, packaging, lab operations, warehouse / inventory management / distribution, carryover, etc.
• Supports compliance with Global Stewardship and Corporate Quality Management procedures and policies in addition to Crop Level and site specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Develops influencing skills through motivation, recognition, leadership, and development
• Helps identify and implement operational improvements, metrics tracking and best practices and participates in related networks for cross sharing
Required Skills/ Experiences:
• Minimum of a BS in Agronomy, Agribusiness, Crop Soil Science, Ag Business, Technology, Engineering or related field of study
• Capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through oral or written communications
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while developing situational judgment
• Results orientation with the ability to work with people individually or in a team to gain commitment to achieve those results
Desired Skills/ Experiences:
• Prior Seed Production or agricultural experience
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.