The Monsanto US Row Crops Organization is seeking a highly motivated Production Associate to join our site team. The Production Associate reports to the Production Lead at the site and participates on the Site Leadership Team. In this role the successful candidate will gain exposure to and have front line responsibility in all aspects of crop production from planting through harvest. The Production Associate is a leadership development role that works as a member of a team that strives for safety, product quality, and process optimization and is expected to get results through personal proficiency and modeling company values. Responsibilities:
Required Skills/ Experiences:
- Participates in the execution of the Monsanto ESH and Quality Management System (QMS) elements and programs and associated networks
- Participates in field operations such as planting, detasseling, field inspections and mapping, harvest, etc.
- Participates in plant operations such as conditioning, packaging, lab operations, warehouse / inventory management / distribution, carryover, etc.
- Supports compliance with Global Stewardship and Corporate Quality Management procedures and policies in addition to Crop Level and site specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Develops influencing skills through motivation, recognition, leadership, and development
- Helps identify and implement operational improvements, metrics tracking and best practices and participates in related networks for cross sharing
Desired Skills/ Experiences:
- Minimum of a BS in Agronomy, Agribusiness, Crop Soil Science, Ag Business, Technology, Engineering or related field of study
- Capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through oral or written communications
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while developing situational judgment
- Results orientation with the ability to work with people individually or in a team to gain commitment to achieve those results
- Hawaii Residents preferred but not required
- Prior Seed Production or agricultural experience
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.