Production Control Expeditor/Planner
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Production Control Expeditor/Planner. This position is located in our Fontana, CA location.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 8,000 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. SUMMARY
Responsible to develop milestones for assigned products, interfacing with production personnel in development and achievement of production milestones, presenting updates to management and the sales team as required. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Utilizes available documentations and MRP system to generate and maintain trackers of production milestones for specific products
- Follow-up daily or multiple times a day on progress for urgent products.
- Coordinates with Sales, Tooling, Metallurgy, Manufacturing and Quality to ensure proper work instructions are followed and operations completed in a timely manner.
- Remains in frequent contact with the vendors to ensure that delivery commitments will be met.
- Develops contingency plans for late deliveries and be ready to solve other related issues.
- Performs backlog review and lead-time analysis
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, drawings, standards, specifications and operating instructions and procedures. Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence for internal/external customers. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of employees of organization, and customers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages. Ability to perform conversion calculations (e.g. metric to inches, Celsius to Fahrenheit). Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS - CUSTOMER RELATIONS
Demonstrated ability to effectively develop long-standing business relationships while managing through difficult issues. Must be highly intuitive when dealing with customer's expectations and must be alert to the impact that cultural differences have on the business relationship. COMPUTER SKILLS
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Advanced knowledge of ERP systems (Visual Manufacturing)
Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP)Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED. A minimum of two (2) years of planning, scheduling and coordination of work flow experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Manufacturing
- Two (2) years of manufacturing, quality or engineering, preferably in a rolled ring forging environment
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.