Production Control Supervisor
What you will do:
Under general direction, maintains control over the scheduling, recording and ordering of materials for production. Operates independently within general procedural patterns with latitude for judgement on methods of implementation. Controls the accurate maintenance of the Battery Planning System (BPS)/Indicator Locator System (ILS).
How you will do it:
1. Assists Production Control Manager in development inventory parameters for batteries and battery components. Recommends systems to control these inventories within established parameters.
2. Maintains the accuracy of the BPS/ILS, bills of materials and production item files.
3. Establishes daily schedules for manufacturing in order to meet shipping commitments and inventory requirements.
4. Orders and directs the ordering of materials necessary to meet production schedules and sales forecasts. Performs follow up with vendors to assure materials are available when required.
5. In event of failure to meet schedules, analyzes problems and submits recommendations for changes to Manager for approval.
6. Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This is a general overview of the job duties, not a complete list of essential job functions.
What we look for:
•Bachelor's degree in technical or business field preferred.
•Previous experience in manufacturing environment preferred
•3-5 years of experience in Scheduling /Supply Chain preferred
•Previous MRP experience preferred
•Strong Excel Skills a must
•Logistics / warehouse experience a plus
•General competency with MS Office
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who we are:
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.