Nonexempt (N) Reports to/Dept:
The Production Coordinator role is one of technical leadership. The essential purpose of this role is to ensure employees on the production line have the necessary skills to perform their roles and that cross-training is provided in a planned and sustainable fashion to ensure the utmost flexibility on shift. This person is the second in charge on the shift reporting directly to the Front Line Leader and assists with providing daily direction to production and shift assigned shipping personnel to ensure the maximum efficiency of uptime.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Self Knowledge -- Demonstrates a strong self-awareness of one's strengths,
development needs and the impact of one's own behavior on others; and
consistently takes actions to be better.
- Understands the critical nature of personal leadership by example and uses his/her own high level of engagement to encourage others.
- Regular Attendance on site and the ability to rotate varying shifts.
- Complies with all plant rules and sets the tone of expectation through own behaviors.
- Ensures safety expectations are understood and are part of everyday behaviors of shift personnel without exception.
- Understands Human Performance Indicators and stresses the importance of eliminating hazards through diligent recognition and root cause correction.
- Understands and ensures compliance with our Lock Tag Try system. Respect for the potential hazards within the manufacturing operation. Ensures training and performs routine auditing of the process in application.
- Sets housekeeping expectations and deploys visual factory standards to sustain.
- Follows all environmental compliance polices & programs. Elevates Performance -- Sets high performance standards for self, team and others; assumes accountability for delivering all performance expectations; always knows and adjusts to what's expected; and monitors status of performance delivery against expectations.
- Has the ability to train others in specific job-related tasks.
- Ability to deliver oral and written communication: written Daily Shift Reports, daily verbal pass-downs between other machine coordinators and Front Line Leaders (FLL).
- Proactive in leading the Production team by example in all behavioral aspects.
- Provides job training encouragement/accountability and guidance to improve operator effectiveness. Takes all issues unable to be resolved quickly to their FLL.
- Develops and actively manages plans for training, overtime, short crew size, product changes, stop/start shifts (listed in order of priority) for their end of the line.
- Supports and works through all Process Teams, not just their own.
Competes on Analytics -- Extensively uses qualitative, quantitative, and statistical data analysis as well as fact-based management to advance understanding, share insight, commit to a course of action, and make decisions
- Can analyze a problems or process issues and eliminate the root cause.
- Understands the basic concepts of what it takes to consistently manufacture high quality shingles; understands critical product characteristics, key process variables, customer needs.
- Knowledge around operation and control of the 3tab & Laminator including: mat stand, hot glue system, dry looper, sure nail tape system, coater, filler system, all use bin systems, Granule application system, tracking system, sand system, waste system, weight roll/DMC system, ACD, water spray system, nail line system, finish looper, Pattern Cutter, Laminating Section, Free Loop Tension and Control, Filled Sealant (transfer, mixing, and application), Filled Adhesive (transfer, mixing, and application), Soap (transfer, mixing, and application), Cut-to-Length, Inspection Section, Star Wheel Auto Catchers, and Front End Packaging Systems.
Decision Making -- Gathers, analyzes and interprets information to understand problems and identify opportunities; draw conclusions and generates alternatives; chooses a course of action based on facts; and ensures buy in and understanding of the resulting decisions.
- Can and is willing to make decisions.
About Owens Corning
- Submits SAP Notifications for issues on shift.
- Leads and maintains a good working relationship with all departments and teams.
- Lead and participates in teams and conversations to develop and implement permanent solutions.
- Understanding of basic mechanical concepts.
- Ability to fill in for the FLL, accepting full responsibility for the safety, quality and productivity of the shift; and performing all required daily tasks, including SAP Prod stats, POP downtime data, Daily Confirmation spreadsheet.
- All other duties as assigned or needed
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology