Production Engineering Supervisor
Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America (PENA) has partnered with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Giga-factory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic's role in the Giga-factory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Giga-factory is planned to produce 35GWh of cells, which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Support the Production Management Team Manager in coordinating the work of the Production Management Team members.
- Support the production and engineering activities of the company.
- Mentor other employees.
- Interface with contractors and vendors on work projects.
- Develop and implement engineering solutions to technical issues.
- Provide leadership and teamwork for the engineering team.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Four-year Mechanical Engineering or related degree and 5 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment. Will consider extensive work experience in place of degree if in a related field.
- Intermediate level of engineering theory is required.
- CAD skills required (Solidworks preferred).
- MS Office skills.
- Able to perform data analysis and recommend actions based on correct interpretation of the results.
- Experience in supervising and leading a team of employees.
- Some domestic travel (several xyear) and overseas travel (1xyear) is required.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America. #LI-DNP #IN-CB1
A little about us:
Panasonic Energy Corporation of America is the premier manufacturer of powerful, energy efficient, long-lasting batteries.