Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power SUMMARY
To maintain mechanical or electromechanical production equipment by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To analyze the problem, to plan and to execute countermeasures for achieving the operation improvement of equipment.
- To execute to modify equipment for corresponding to a new product.
- The problem is extracted from the equipment/electrical drawing, and the measures idea is reflected in the drawing.
- To summarize the facility trouble pre-history and to accumulate the know-how.
- To make a training plan for maintenance technician.
- Planning and Management of Expense for maintenance.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facilities/equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular overhaul machines, and equipment.
- Perform a variety of electrical, PLC, programming maintenance and functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
This job has supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Skill and Know-how regarding Production engineering by experience in US company
- Understand drawings, Machine tool operation
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments
- Flexibility to solve the issues without fixed thinking.
- Business operation skill with a sense of speed and leadership
Bachelor's degree (B. S. in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field) from four-year college or university; with five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, explosives, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America. #LI-AM1
Panasonic Energy Corporation of America is the premier manufacturer of powerful, energy efficient, long-lasting batteries.