KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The production intern / contract loader, working under the direction of the lab supervisor and unit superintendent, has primary responsibility for all laboratory sampling, chemical adjustments, and truck and trailer loading at the facility.
The facility loads Carbon Monoxide Tube Trailers and Methanol Trailers. In addition, there are multiple laboratory techniques that are required to be employed in order to maintain efficient and optimal operation. This position has the potential to result in a full-time process operator position based on the selected candidate’s aptitude and work ethic. For that reason, the selected candidate is also expected to spend available time assisting with other basic unit operations and learning process flow.
The successful candidate will be required to work 8 hour shifts, Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM .
Occasional opportunities to work overtime may be required.
Applicants must be either currently enrolled in a course of study pursuing an Associate’s Degree in Process Technology or have recently received an Associate’s Degree in Process Technology. Applicants not currently possessing an Associate’s Degree in Process Technology or not currently pursuing an Associate’s Degree in Process Technology will not be considered for this position.
Based on the applicant’s current degree status, the position can be filled as a paid internship or as a contract position. Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS:
- Effectively communicate with fellow operators, technicians, engineers, and managers
- Adhere to all Corporate and Plant Policies
- Maintain the highest degree of personal safety and environmental accountability at all times
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping
- Participate in daily and monthly safety and production meetings
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to progress into a process operator position
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to work from heights
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.