GROW WITH US in one of our state-of-the-art facilities! You will need to be detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities. Engage with us as you collaborate with many diverse people and perspectives. Lead with us using flexible leadership and communication skills, as you will help ensure adequate training and operation of the line. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership and ensure we're meeting safety, quality, and production goals as a key member of the line centric team. Be a part of the united values and collaborative culture at Kellogg! WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Supervisory Lead at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Position is a working lead
- Lead daily tier 1 shift meetings and performance reviews
- Coordinate startup activities including preflight checklist completion, and set up of production line with packaging items
- Coordinate cleaning activities of the production line
- Coordinate hourly/bi-hourly with line centric team to deliver safety, quality and production goals,
- Direct line resources as needed to achieve safety, quality, and production goals.
- Ensures packaging and processing line boards are completed hourly, and takes appropriate action to address operational misses
- Communicates/escalates issues to the Operations Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, and or QFS Supervisor as appropriate
- Sorts, spaces, stacks and packs product on conveyor belt and in packaging container.
- Visually observe finished product and finished material to ensure quality standards are met
- Work product in and out of tubs
- Clean conveyers, totes, bins and miscellaneous production items
- Operate packaging equipment to efficiently prepare product for shipment to customers.
- Cleaning packaging equipment.
- Make machine adjustments and perform lubrication and other light machine maintenance activities as directed (i.e. PM s from SAP).
- Assist maintenance mechanics during routine repairs as needed.
- Operates processing equipment, as well as cleans the processing equipment and freezer.
- Ensure compliance to all plant escalation procedures and provide adequate corrective actions to resolve issues and/or incidents
- Ensuring thorough training for associates on the line.
- Assist other Operators as needed
- Safety Committee involvement and membership.
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in the Supervisory Lead position, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Maintaining safe work practices, wearing all prescribed personal protection equipment, and following all GMP ( good manufacturing practices)
- High School diploma or equivalent diploma
- Excellent people skills in leveraging the abilities of the team
- Possess mechanical skills and consistent with basic machine maintenance activities
- Physically must be able to stand on your feet for up to 70% of your work schedule
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling - light to moderate weights
- Continual exposure to noise, dust, dampness and fast paced surroundings
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Basic computer skills desired
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: