• Industrial Mechanic or Production Mechanic with Associate 2-year Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Technology and/or Related Maintenance Technology experience
• 5-10 years equivalent experience in Operations/Production Maintenance
• Knowledge of personal computers and computer control systems, current CMMS software, Computer Microsoft Office preferred, or the ability to obtain competency for the above within 90 days.
• High school or vocational-technical school graduate with a combination of formal training and experience equal to five years of industrial safety environment experience required.
• Strong communication, team, and problem-solving skills.
• Two years' experience within a pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, medical device or similarly aligned business.
• Demonstrated familiarity with cGMPs, regulatory guidelines and standard operating procedures.
• Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds.
• At least 20% of the position frequent movement (up and down).
• Trade school graduate or completion of a recognized apprenticeship program with three years' experience as a Mechanical/Electrical technician in an industrial/Production environment preferred.
The Maintenance Mechanic must be able to acquire and fill the position of Operations/Production Mechanic with a thorough knowledge, understanding and work experience in a FDA regulated customer healthcare drug facility. Production Maintenance Mechanic must have a clear working knowledge base of GMP documentation from creation to execution within computerized maintenance management systems' records or work orders.
Production Maintenance Mechanic must be a self motivated person with an attention to detail in operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Production systems. Production Maintenance Mechanic must be capable to work alone in electrical rooms, mechanical spaces, specific Clean room areas and confined spaces. Production Maintenance Mechanic must have the ability to multi-task within a specialized group or department team. Production Maintenance Mechanic must be willing to work any shift necessary.
•Maintains and troubleshoot Packaging or Manufacturing control systems.
• Maintains and troubleshoot Packaging or Manufacturing equipment drive systems.
• Maintain and troubleshoots Packaging or Manufacturing Mechanical/Vacuum conveying.
• Responsible for Change Over /Set Up of Packaging and Manufacturing Equipment
• Responsible for Completion of Preventative and Corrective Work Orders.
• Responsible for cGMPs documentation relating to preventive or corrective work performed on Packaging or Manufacturing Equipment.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.