It’s at your very core as an engineering brain – your ability to think in ways most can’t, and take on the challenges most won’t. It’s people like you who have joined our Purina family at all career levels and developed Tidy Cats Lightweight®, the cat litter champion of the world. People like you who first engineered extruded dry dog food and built patented, customized machinery in each of our factories.
Joining Purina as a Production Management Engineer at the entry level means joining our factory family to play a key role in managing the people, the production floor and the entire path to high-quality pet food production. Through a well-designed rotation across our various factory functions within your first 12-18 months, you’ll experience information systems, quality assurance, supply chain, accounting and human resources, R&D engineering, engineering management and operations performance to understand how each of these areas interact with the production management work that you’ll do. Following the rotational portion of the program, you’ll oversee all aspects that touch and affect the production line – the epicenter of our factories.
Why engineering with us versus somewhere else? Taking the production path of our Management Development Program is a full-time, entry-level position that’s a fast track to management on the manufacturing side of our business. You’re the future leader of our business.
Not sure if this is a fit for you? Need additional information? Have some questions you still need answered? Apply anyway! Give us the chance to get to know you and help determine if this is the right career path for you at Purina. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B, OPT, visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States now and in the future.
* Military veterans, we are proud of our military veteran associates and do consider military experience. Having obtained E-4 level or above is preferred for this role, but is not required. Please apply for full consideration.
• Discover a variety of the field concepts, practices and procedures that will allow you to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish your goals
• Practice superior personal safety and be an example to the organization in terms of employee safety and protection of company assets
• Supervise and coordinate the execution of production schedules
• Ensure the flow of materials, parts and resources necessary for plant-wide production
• Perform a variety of complicated tasks, including management of employees. Plan methods to improve efficiency in production and be assigned production improvement tasks
• Maintain compliance with approved methods and quality standards
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
• B. S. in the Engineering field; Engineering Technology, Food or Animal Science or a Companion Animal program, or expected to attain by June 2017
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
Must be conscientious with high cognitive ability and possess initiative, responsibility, leadership potential and a strong work ethic. Must be willing to relocate to a Nestlé Purina location upon completion of the program
*PLUSES: Military experience, prior co-op or practicum experience; manufacturing experience; student organization or other leadership experience
Davenport, IA; Crete, NE; Bloomfield, MO
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.