Job Location: Cary, NC
This role in is within the Application Maintenance and Support (AMS) orgnization and is responsible for identifying and implementing application stability and efficiency solutions across multiple domains as well as well general maintenance of applications in the production environment. Specifically this role is in the Application Improvement team working on complex problems across a variety of technology platforms.
- Provide insight and direction to activities across the application portfolio by leveraging extensive technical and/or business knowledge of multiple areas (technical, business, applications, etc.)
- Responsible for third level support for high visibility applications within application operations including the investigation and resolution of incidents and problems
- Provide leadership for root cause identification and restoration of service for critical outages
- Leverage a dynamic set of tools such as CA Wily, BMC Investigate and Patrol to diagnose application performance issues
- Provide technical and business communication of issues to senior leaders
- Drive root cause analysis for complex issues with the ability to work across a dynamic set of databases (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Mongo DB), operating systems (Linux, AIX, Windows) and languages (Java, .Net, COBOL).
- Advise development teams on how to build and enhance applications to maximize operational efficiency and ensure application stability on large, transformational projects; Influence technical direction of development teams
- Act as an acknowledged resource for less experienced staff and to assist colleagues on other teams
- Participate in setting strategic direction for the application portfolio
- Work to increase value by identifying new cost savings or process improvements
- Prioritize problems, incidents and service requests, leveraging business understanding; Advise on break-fix coding & document break-fix code changes
- 10+ years experience in IT
- 6+ years in-depth experience with Java/.Net/Mainframe
- 3+ years of Application Architecture experience -broad knowledge of how applications work to provide business service
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Broad understanding of application development and the impact it has on the underlying infrastructure
- MS Office: intermediate to advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- ITIL & Lean Six Sigma
- Previous experience developing and building out Best Practices
- Application Security Engineering
- Experience in mobile technologies, data warehousing, Informatica
Global Technology and Operations- Application Maintenance & Support
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 53401