JOB PURPOSE: The Production Manager supervises and coordinates all production and activities in producing and packaging Dry Ice. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate and safely maintain production at dry ice manufacturing plant.
- Manage and provide leadership to plant production personnel
- Audit routinely to make sure all Airgas policies are being followed
- Assign job tasks to plant operators according to customer needs
- Analyze production schedules to run efficiently as possible
- Ensure quality of products is maintained at a high level and in accordance to company policy and regulations.
- Adjust resources to meet production schedules through capacity planning and machine utilization.
- Implement measures to improve production methods
- Ensure all injuries and accidents are properly investigated and reported immediately.
- Train new workers and cross train employees
- Maintain production records
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance
- 60% of the time in an office setting (i.e. desk/computer station).
- 40% of the time within an unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter). Hazards required the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice.
- On-call required.
- Forklift license
- BS degree preferred. (Associates degree or High School diploma with formal technical training considered in conjunction with extensive, relevant experience).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Five (5) years experience in a supervisory role of more than 10 production personnel in an industrial environment.
- Self starter with strong leadership and team building skills.
- Decision making to execute company policies and implement plant procedures.
- Organizational skills to maintain safety, quality, and equipment system files.
- Authoritative presence to discipline associates in a fair and professional manner.
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to complete detailed reports and make presentations.
- Understanding of financial reports.
- High level math skills to create formulas and spreadsheets for budgets, cost control, and inventory.
- Proficient with computer systems and software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail.
- Effectively manage two separate operations (i.e. ice and liquid plants) in a changing, fast-paced environment with a work force ranging in skill level from temporary workers to highly skilled technicians.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet management requirements and customer expectations.
- Must be able to stand on hard surfaces for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to safely handle bundles of dry ice of up to 60lbs
- Integrity & Trust
- Ethics/ Values
- Motivating Others
- Business Acumen
- Caring about Direct Reports
- Confronting direct reports
- Development of Direct reports/Others
- Managing Diversity
- Hiring & Staffing
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Problem Solving
- Building Effective Teams
- Written Communication
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job function. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and other reasonably related duties could be assigned.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.