This position contributes to the success of a warehouse or manufacturing distribution location for PepsiCo by directing the production team to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to cost, line efficiencies, waste, safety and productivity. The Production Manager must convert departmental objectives into achievable tasks at the execution level. This individual must set production performance standards and align the organization to achieve standards. This individual is responsible for managing numerous shifts in either a union or non-union environment and developing a team of supervisors. Additionally this role is responsible for developing, implementing and executing a best in class service to sales standard.Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Job Qualifications:
- Applies knowledge of processes, equipment and system capability to set challenging individual and facility standards
- Develops Annual Operating Plan for Production
- Coaches supervisors to achieve performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization and quality.
- Manages direct and indirect controllable costs to meet overall cost index target.
- Tracks key performance indicators/costs, anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for both management and front-line hourly personnel
- Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility for production, maintenance, and quality control
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required. Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience in manufacturing preferably food/beverage experience
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a management position
- Must possess strong skills, knowledge and capability in TPM or Lean Manufacturing, Finance and Accounting, Project Management, Human Relations, Savvy Communications, and Statistics/Logical Problem Solving.
- Solid working knowledge of the following business enterprises: HSE/Quality regulatory compliance, Processing/Packaging/Warehouse Operations, Maintenance and Engineering, Ingredient and Package material Procurement, Production Planning & Deployment, Sales and Marketing, Research and Development, and Consumer Response, Excellent communication, facilitation and influence skills.
- Experience developing/coaching hourly and supervisory staff preferred.
- Demonstrated Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Ability to work multiple shifts as needed
- Experience in consumer packaged products or similar industry
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
- Analytic Troubleshooting trained, with verifiable strength in designing and improving work processes & procedures
Eligible for Standard Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.