Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Production Manager to join our team located in Houston, TX.
The Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing daily operations and assisting plant management in the areas of customer service, production, manufacturing, quality, safety, compliance, training and maintenance. Production Manager
- Ensure plant operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Maintain compliance with all external regulatory agencies including FDA, DOT, EPA, OSHA, DHS, as well as all Praxair policies and procedures.
- Maintain ISO Programs including 9001-2015,17025
- Effectively schedule production of cylinder gases to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Drive productivity throughout the operation to maximize plant capabilities and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper appearance, image, and security of the facility and equipment.
- Supervise personnel on a fair and consistent basis in order to help foster an atmosphere where employees are motivated, informed, and empowered to do their jobs.
- Manage employee activities in conjunction with company policies and procedures.
- Timely and accurate completion of all required reports, which may include product inventory, cylinder inventory, expense reports, financial reports, KPI reports, payroll, ACMS Work orders etc.
- Conduct performance reviews prior to the employees merit review date.
- Assist in implementation of Standard Operating Procedures as required or as revisions or changes are made.
- Ability to respond to after hour and weekend 24/7 emergency calls for customer deliveries, plant alarms, employees, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Provides leadership and direction for day-to-day operation over a team of entry level production employees to meet demand of both external and internal customers
- Leads reliability, compliance, quality and safety programs for assigned area; ensure required government and/or environmental regulations are met.
- Serves as site’s Primary Quality Assurance Representative – maintains and reviews all compliance documentation as required
- Ensures team is fully trained in, committed to, and conducts their activities in accordance with all aspects of Praxair Safety and Quality systems and requirements,
- Coordinates all quality and safety training for market area employees and maintains required records
- Monitors production/manpower levels within area of responsibility to ensure continued efficiency while anticipating problems and assisting plant management with
- developing contingencies
- Identifies issues and leads improvement plans in production processes, shift schedules, overtime levels, training, etc., reporting all activities to plant management
- Manages and escalates equipment and product quality issues
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of production supplies
- Supports 5S and Lean Projects and continuously identifies ways to reduce plant operating costs through the incorporation of Operational Excellence strategies
- Handles routine personnel issues including training, coaching and counseling subordinates
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor Degree preferred
- 5 years in industrial manufacturing plant environment required
- 2 years managing and developing employees required
- 5 years compressed gasses manufacturing experience preferred
- 3 years specialty gasses manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be willing to work 3rd Shift (11:00p.m. to 7:30a.m.; S-Th)
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.