As a member of the CVS Health’s Supply Chain team supporting Logistics in our Somerset, PA distribution center, you have opportunity to add value to an organization whose purpose is helping people on their path to better health. Your impact will include ensuring that CVS Health is adhering to compliance requirements, demonstrating operational excellence, delivering superior customer service, and focusing on continuous
process improvement. Lastly, you will build your professional experience at a Fortune 7 organization.
This individual oversees the center's 2nd shift operations and innovates, plans, organizes, directs, controls, and manages the daily activities of all functional areas within the distribution center. This position is 2nd shift.
Primary Responsibilities of the Shift Manager:
- Plan, organize, schedule, forecast, and coordinate work in order to meet production schedules and operational goals.
- Review and analyze production, quality, and other operational reports, initiating changes as needed, to meet metrics while also ensuring a high level of service to store operations.
- Develop and implement plans, procedures, programs, and strategies to enhance operational and financial metrics including throughput, cost per piece and service level.
- Control expenditures against approved budget.
- Administer procedures in a fair and consistent manner. Professionally address issues with colleagues utilizing the proper resources.
- Develop, implement, champion various programs that enhance team building and leadership development with a focus on leadership methods that instill partnership, ownership, and a pro-active approach when conducting the many operational facets of the business.
- Develop an accountable operations team with an emphasis on team building communication, performance accountability, and positive employee relation’s management.
- Promote and reinforce safety and security awareness and compliance among staff and hourly employee groups.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Operations Manager. 503144
A little about us: