Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is currently seeking a Production Manager
in Indianapolis, IN.
The Production Manager will support our Advanced Materials Manufacturing facility and will report to the Business Manager. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all safety, quality, manufacturing and production related operations
- Plans, organizes, leads and controls the plant to achieve established strategic and tactical goals
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the business environment
- Assists in preparing an annual business plan with primary focus on financial performance specific objectives, contingency plans and resource requirements
- Monitors production costs (direct, variable overhead and period)
- Develops plans for the elimination of non-value adding costs and aggressively pursues continuous process improvement through Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field required
- 7 years of Operations experience and 5 years of Management experience
- Powder Manufacturing knowledge is a plus
- Ability to drive an operation to meet safety, quality, productivity and operating profit objectives.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with plant personnel, internal/external customers, vendors and suppliers
- Computer proficiency (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases, etc.). Oracle
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.