About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Maintain all assigned equipment and/or facilities in good working order in accordance with SOP's and current Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines. Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation.
1. Set up, tear down and change over all production machinery, as required.
2. Perform preventive maintenance required on production equipment and facilities, as assigned.
3. Keep up-to-date records on all maintenance performed according to SOP's, logbooks, work orders, etc.
4. Manufacture, with little assistance, spare parts and machine parts, as required.
5. Demonstrated trouble shooting capability on production equipment to include all electrical, transmission and gear drive repairs.
6. Order spare, or replacement parts, as required.
7. Maintain all production areas, buildings and roads and grounds mechanically and aesthetically.
8. Be able to work from sketches, mechanical drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics.
9. Train departmental colleagues to enhance departmental cross-training and capability for new or existing processing equipment.
10. Assist Project Engineers, as directed.
11. Observe all shop, equipment and production floor safety practices.
1. Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean, organized and professional manner.
2. Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma / general education degree (GED) or Associates Degree.Graduate from an accredited and certified Technical School and one to two years related experience. Extensive generalist experience will be considered. Must have specialized in one of the following disciplines: Electrical Technologies, Industrial Technology, Welding, Machine Shop, and/or Control Systems technology.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All new external applicants will be required to pass an assessment test.
The employee must wear all required safety equipment and perform assigned work in a safe manner. Employee must use proper lifting techniques and be conscious of hazards around him/her. Must follow all GMP and safety procedures within the department.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time; walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
This job requires occasional lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds. This job also requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The employee must wear all required safety equipment and perform assigned work in a safe manner. Employee must use proper lifting techniques and be conscious of hazards around him/her. Must follow all GMP and safety procedures.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
This job is open only to Lawful Permanent Residents (as defined by 8 U.S.C. •1101(a)(20)), or Protected Individuals (as defined by 8 U.S.C. •1324b(a)(3), namely, U.S. Citizens, Refugees, and Asylees.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.