You'll Find It At Airgas!
Airgas is seeking Production Operator 1 to join our acetylene team in Tualatin, OR.
Ranked #42 out of Fortune's top 500 companies for shareholder return on investment, and Forbes list of most Admired Companies, Airgas USA is the place for job opportunity and career growth. We're the nation's largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. We're also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With over 1,100 retail and plant locations and over 17,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Responsible for loading and unloading of cylinders from inbound and outbound vehicles including company owned and common carrier. The movement of all cylinders as directed by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with vendors, co-workers and management.
• Stage cylinders in designated areas of production plant for filling. These areas will be designated by production personnel and shall be areas that insure the least amount of handling.
• Load and unload all assigned company vehicles daily.
• Spot trucks and trailers within designated area on company property.
• Transfer cylinders to and from ground storage as needed.
• Assist production personnel in removing full cylinders from fill area.
• Down grade pure product as needed to fill orders 100%.
• Report all cylinder shortages to management.
• Inspect all cylinders for general condition, report all discrepancies to management.
• Promote safety and all other company policies at all times.
• Maintain equipment and communicate requests to Plant Manager in writing.
• Assist in loading and unloading other trucks as needed.
• Responsible for cleaning and maintaining assigned area.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Ability to routinely lift 25 to 75 lbs., and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing (up to 8 hours). Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, and repetitive motion required.
• Must be able to operate forklift and maintain appropriate forklift certifications.
• Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customers needs and management expectations.
• Must be able to work inside and outside in temperatures ranging from 10 to 110 degrees.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment. Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
See Job Description
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.