At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
Job Description3M is seeking Production Operators for the Safety and Graphics Business Group located in Brownwood, TX. Ready to be part of what's next?Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Production Operator may set up and operate coating machine and auxiliary equipment. Produces and inspects coated products. Performs quality testing of associated products and makes any necessary process adjustments. May operate all slitters within the area and inspect, convert and package product. The Production Operator may be responsible for packaging orders and report work through specified operating systems. The Production Operator may be expected to have a valid fork truck license in order to transport completed orders to shipping department. Responsible for the movement of received raw materials. Production Operator may coat beads on web. Operator laminates films to adhesive coated onto carrier webbing. Other job duties assigned as needed.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Checks for all Quality parameters on all products such as critical dimensions, color streaks, adhesive width, bare adhesive, reflectivity, print defects, vapor coat color, retro-print quality, and adhesive voids, strip ability, and visual film quality
- Reviews the converting schedule to ensure order dates are met. Reviews job tickets as to type of material, size of rolls, number of rolls, special instruction, & meet any special inspection requirements listed on the ticket
- Operates bead conveyor system to maintain proper hopper level on beaded products
- Follows (FIFO) First In First Out procedures
- Arranges warehouse for maximum storage
- Follows all receiving safety procedures
- Assists in the training of new operators
- Performs other duties as directed by the production supervisor or lead operator
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice call in
- Working any shift available, including, but not limited to first, second, third, and/or rotating shift
- Continuous standing and stooping
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum one (1) year of machine operation experience in a manufacturing environment and/or one (1) year of military experience in a mechanical field
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Adaptable and flexible
- Three (3) years of machine operating experience in a manufacturing environment and/or three (3) years military experience in a mechanical field
- Possess a two (2) year technical and/or associates degree
- Six (6) months previous leadership, supervisor, or management experience
- Possess certifications including OSHA, hazmat, or production related certifications
: Brownwood, TexasRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Production Operator position at 3M Brownwood. Qualified applications may be considered when Production Operator openings occur at 3M Brownwood for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.