The Dow Chemical Company has exciting opportunities for Production Operators
in Elizabethtown, KY
The purpose of the Agile Work Group (AWG) classification is to have a group of Production and Maintenance (P&M) employees that can be agile and have the ability to move from area to area to assist the teams in their production related activities. AWG's will help areas that are short of employees, when they have above average demand or when specific jobs that require a low amount of training arise which require additional people. Responsibilities:
The Elizabethtown facility is a 24x7 operation
- Assist or fully operate pail/drum filling operations on:
- Operation of batch mixing equipment
- General duty labor and cleaning
- Non-skilled maintenance - painting, assisting craftsmen as a helper (e.g. retrieving parts, carrying equipment/tools, etc.)
- Using hand, power, and pneumatic tools.
- Hose changes, static mixer changes, flushing procedures, bulk changes, and all associated SAP transactions necessary to complete one order and move to the next.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Responsible for assuring that color and quality of material in the package meets or exceeds the customer's expectations
- Communicate effectively across a diverse work group
- Follow procedures and practices to ensure a safe and efficient operation
- Maintain regular attendance and be able to work various shifts and overtime as required
- Perceive, identify, and respond to alarms
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- May work outdoors and in inclement weather.
. The shifts available will depend on the area of hire and business needs. Some areas have rotating shifts, others have 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. Some units operate 7 days a week, while others operate 5 days a week. The manager(s) will do his/her best to offer you the shift of your preference, but cannot guarantee which shift you will be offered. In order to be considered for this role you must be available to work any and all shift, including a rotating shift and 3rd shift, along with overtime, weekends and holidays, as needed. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Must meet on of the following requirements:
- 1 or more years of experience in a Manufacturing role.
- 2 or more years of Military experience with a technical background
- Mechanical inclined.
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing technical equipment.
- Self-motivated with a desire for career growth.
- Ability to communicate to team via e-mail, as well as face-to-face individually and in team settings.
- Data entry skills (basic computer skills).
- Ability to arrive to work in enough time to be dressed and prepared to work by the start of the shift.
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management
- Work in a team environment to meet team/site goals.
- Strong work ethic.
- Have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of others, with a proven history of addressing safety concerns and issues.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Previous experience working in a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience as a Production Operator.
- Previous experience in a Maintenance role.
- Forklift experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and SAP.
Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Using hands to reach, grab, hold, etc.
- Use foot controls
- Do repetitive movements
- Lift up to 55 lbs.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2015, Dow had annual sales of nearly $49 billion and employed approximately 49,500 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 179 sites in 35 countries across the globe. On June 1, 2016, Dow became the 100 percent owner of Dow Corning Corporation's silicones business, a global company with sales of greater than $4.5 billion in 2015, 25 manufacturing sites in 9 countries and approximately 10,000 employees worldwide. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com .
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity EmployerDow Offers:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.