Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country's largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases . As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
We are pleased to announce that we are offering a more competitive salary starting at $14.30/hr. with an increase to $15.00/hr. after completion of 90 day evaluation!!!
JOB PURPOSE: To provide the primary manual labor required to produce and package dry ice.
• Loads and package dry ice on a daily basis in accordance with quality standards.
• Operates a pallet jack on a daily basis to maneuver dry ice boxes to meet production needs.
• Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
• Clean-up functions including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing, painting, trash removal and pick-up.
• Unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter).
• Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice.
• Shift work required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• One (1) year experience in a production/manufacturing environment.
• Forklift experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Able to read and write.
• Able to understand and follow the direction of supervisors.
• Able to function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility.
• Essential job function requires the routine lifting and manipulation of dry ice blocks ranging in weight from 5 - 50 pounds each.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.