We currently have an IMMEDIATE opening for a highly self-motivated person to join our Longview, TX TEAM as a PRODUCTION OPERATOR.
A successful Production Operator will have safety as their top priority. AIRGAS USA, LLC an Air Liquide company is a distributor of Industrial, Medical, Specialty and Welding gases along with Safety and Welding related products. This department is physically and technically challenging and fast paced. Production Operators need to have a high degree of interest working in a busy plant production environment, which requires a sense of urgency and willingness to do whatever it takes to support our customers. Production Operators will load cylinders for delivery and unload empty cylinders and move them to fill racks and/or cylinder storage areas. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies with all safety requirements, safety procedures and rules as prescribed by Airgas Inc., State and Federal agencies. Working safely is our number one priority.
- Operates forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment to safely load/unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles using store order sheets/manifests.
- Identifies, sorts and palletizes cylinders by size and product for efficient refilling and handling.
- May fill cylinders by any of the following methods: (1) Sets pressure gauge to specified reading and watches for indication of full cylinders.
- Adjusts valves and observes gauge to fill cylinder to specified pressure. (3) Observes scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight.
- Fills cylinder to excess, rolls cylinder onto scale, and connects exhaust line to release excess gas and attain prescribed weight.
- Fills out and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels, or decals to cylinders.
- Performs visual inspections of empty cylinders.Hammers and odor tests and empty cylinders as required.
- Reports any equipment or facility defects to supervisor.
- Completes activity/deficiency reports as required.
- Replaces safety valves on cylinders.
- Removes and replaces labels on cylinders as required.
- Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Represents Airgas Inc. in a professional and dignified manner at all times
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have the ability to perform very heavy work - routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Basic math skills (e.g. arithmetic, fractions, percentages)
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Minimum of 1 year experience driving a forklift
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a plant or manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 1 year experience in basic mechanical skills (e.g. assemble, disassemble mechanical equipment)
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to perform very heavy work - routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs. The associate is regularly required to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required. The associate must have the ability to perform work with occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, and pulling and finger activities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Airgas offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental and vision plans. Benefits take effect after only 30 days. In addition, Airgas also offers its employees a 401k Plan with company matching funds, Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Program. Airgas provides paid time off benefits for employees, including vacation, sick, holidays and floating holidays. Company paid uniforms are provided, as well as a safety boot and safety glasses allowance
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing
a drug test.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.