At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Job Summary:
Manufacturing of various products in the Production facility. These areas include tower operations, BAPA II, BF3, Centorr, Bromination/Reduction, EDM, and/or AMF.Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Frequent physical demands, including:
- Understand and follow all safety policies and procedures, including Safe Work Practices
- Must learn and follow LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out), MOC (Management of Change), SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), Standard Work Procedures and Engineering Instructions (EI)
- Perform simple computer work, for example inputting of data, monitoring of process equipment though PLC
- Perform chemical lab analysis, accurately and reliably to procedure.
- Perform all standard work accurately and reliably
- Break chemical lines, and clean vessels to perform routine process procedures and prepare the process for maintenance work
- Log process data and batch process progress on paper logs as needed
- Operator will be assigned various tasks throughout the day that may include process monitoring for many hours, or process setup and tear down
- Daily engagement in the Tier 1 process which includes generating safety, quality and cost improvement ideas
- Participate in process improvement Kaizen events when assigned
- Perform TPM (Total Performance Maintenance) procedures as required by the LMS system
- Learn and utilize the DPQx SPC system for monitoring process health and report any abnormalities to a member of leadership
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance
- Operator is required to pass 3 process certification test within their first year of employment
- Operator I will be able to operate independently with in the areas that they are certified/trained in
- Operate PLC or DCS controls, hand tools, various powered trucks, valves, and some test equipment; set up and operate equipment where moderate adjustment is required.
- Must recognize any non-standard conditions and/or raw materials and know when to take the necessary action or seek advice
- Must use judgement to perform semi-repetitive job involving some variety of detail or responsibility where actions to be taken and decisions to be made are limited
- Close attention is required and duties are standardized subject to clearly defined practices and procedures and/or general supervision in order to prevent waste of material and time. Failure to follow proper procedures could result in significant loss of expensive product and time
- Extreme care and expert judgment is needed in operating process equipment, fork trucks and support equipment to prevent damage to equipment, facility and possible injury
- Close attention to detail, such as process conditions, is required at all times to avoid costly rework, production delays, safety incidents or scrap; continuously monitor equipment, process and product quality
- Operate in an environment where complex machine operations happen simultaneously
- Plan ahead in the process and production schedule to complete tasks in a timely fashion; execute proper in-process tests
- Driving PIVs (including a forklift)
This position will require:
- Exposure to severe burns from chemicals is possible in the operation of equipment; routine handling of hazardous substances;
- Working around hazardous chemicals, including flammable, corrosive and toxic materials
- Stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- Occasionally required to sit; regularly performs lifting criteria floor to knuckle of 73 lbs. and 12" to knuckle 123 lbs. The employee will be required to pass a periodic Respirator Fit Test and may be required to wear a respirator on a daily for a minimum of 1 hour. The employee must work for periods of time while wearing chemical suits &/or respirators. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Elevated work locations
- Severe hot and cold temperatures; occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, even when weather is severe
- Conditions such as fumes, dust, chemicals and noise which necessitate the wearing of specialized protective clothing/devices
- The noise level in the environment is usually moderate to loud
This position may require:
- Working overtime as business needs occur
- Working on holidays as needed
- Weekend work
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.