The Northern California & Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is seeking a Production Operator II to join our Sacramento, CA team.
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. For more information, please visit www.airgas.com .
Loads cylinders on vehicles using hand truck, chain hoist, or forklift, and records type and quantity of cylinders. Examines returned cylinders for surface defects such as dents, cracks, and burns, and rolls cylinders to designated work area. Cleans cylinders using wire brush and cleaning solution. Removes and replaces valves using wrenches. Connects exhaust manifold to cylinders and turns valve to draw off residual gas. Tests filled cylinders for leaks by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve. Weighs filled cylinders on platform scale and records weight. Screws protection cap over values. Removes/replaces warning and identification tags on cylinders. May fill cylinders with compressed gas.
• Operate forklift and safely load/unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles.
• Identify, sort, and palletize cylinders for efficient refilling and handling.
• Inspect cylinders prior to filling using standard operating procedures.
• Complete activity/deficiency reports as required.
• Replace safety valves on cylinders.
• Remove and replace labels.
• Replace pallet straps as necessary.
• Sweep and clean work areas.
• Perform painting as needed.
• Ability to perform very heavy work - routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs. and occasionally lift 76 - 100 lbs.
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motion also required.
• Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
• Ability to read and comprehend load sheets and material safety data sheets (MSDS).
• Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
• Must be able to work occasional overtime if necessary.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must have a good attitude and work ethic and be dependable.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• If internal, must not have written disciplinary issues within last 6 months.
• If internal, must be in present position for at least 6 months to be eligible to apply.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
• Some basic knowledge or experience in welding.
• Some experience in handling compressed gases.
• Customer service experience.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.