Makes and/or repackages and pumps compressed and liquefied gas into cylinders. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Positions cylinders in manifold racks. Operates equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released. Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
- Regularly inspects and maintains pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
- Fills cylinders or containers to proper capacity by either setting pressure gauge to specified reading and watching for indication of full cylinders; adjusting valves and observing gauge to fill cylinder to specified pressure; observing scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight or filling cylinder to excess, rolling cylinder onto scale and connecting exhaust line to release excess gas and attain prescribed weight.
- Accurately maintains cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Completes and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Loads cylinders onto vehicles using hand truck or lift gate and records type and quantity of cylinders.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) (preferred) and one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or associates. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
None REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit. The associate must regularly move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.