Fills high pressure cylinders (Industrial, Medical and Mixes) following compression temperature / pressure method. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
- Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained - cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
- Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated pressure gages and monitoring devices.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper pressure or weight, whichever is appropriate.
- Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported to management.
- Conduct periodic checks of plant for safe and efficient operation.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance
- Perform mathematical calculations.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required.
- Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help customers when necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to perform very heavy work - routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
High school degree or the equivalent GED.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work during prolonged standing, frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, and feeling. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to routinely lift and / or move 25 - 75 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 76 - 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work at customer sites and may be exposed to mechanical office machine parts, adverse conditions or weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. The employee must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.